taillights still leaking!

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
I put new taillights, cemet sealed the gaskets to the tails then siliconed the car side and i checked a little bit ago and my shit still leasks ... where else could it be coming from ... the water comes in on the left side somewhere like at very left side of my trunk when you look in

maybe the spoiler bolts? Cause my shits a base LS that was on hubcaps when i got it so i think the spoiler was added later

speedin

The Transporter
Melt said:
I put new taillights, cemet sealed the gaskets to the tails then siliconed the car side and i checked a little bit ago and my shit still leasks ... where else could it be coming from ... the water comes in on the left side somewhere like at very left side of my trunk when you look in

maybe the spoiler bolts? Cause my shits a base LS that was on hubcaps when i got it so i think the spoiler was added later
if i was near you id come by and fix it for ya. hard to diagnos on the net. all i can say is this. take out ALL rear trim pieces. then once its all out, poor baby powder all over the back of your car. then go to a hose and spray water ALL over into all cracks and what not. then pop the trunk and look the water will leave a little stream in the baby powder leading you right to the leak. then get some silicone and blast that bitch of a leak.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
well its not the spoiler i checked that but this is pissing me off so much ... how do i get the side panels off without too much trouble ... i could get them off till about the middle ... can someone scan their helms manual?

Im seriously about to take the damn silicone gun and silicon through the crach WHILE THE TAILS ARE ON THE CAR

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I would take all the panels off. Lay in the back of the car, and get somebody to run a hose over the car.

speedin

The Transporter
Ominous G2 said:
I would take all the panels off. Lay in the back of the car, and get somebody to run a hose over the car.
still hard to see it. lots of crannies and curves in out trunks.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
ok so my boy told me the power antenna drains into the same spot as the sunroof and thats prob clogged ... i siliconed the cap of the antenna to the car so now it leaks not that much but still ... so if it doesnt rain tommorow im gonna take everything off and clean that bitch out and fix it .... he also gave me his black housing altezzas and the hobby shop finally got some more transparent red so im gonna paint those and hopefully they turn out better ... then ill sell the clear ones and my stock tails and be good to go hopefully ... this shit is mad gay though that i have gone through all this trouble. He also showed me how to get the back panel off without busting all those clips again so thats coo.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

there was hella leaves in that drain shit so we blew it out and my car dont leak no more!!!!! Im still mad i ended up buyin new tails but oh well

I also copped some blackhousing altezzas off my boy, and they dont have the ridges like the ones i got on ebay so they is paintable .... third coat is drying tonight then tommorow im gonna put clear on those and ill slap em on eventually and sell the ones on my car right now and my stock tails

i doubt anyone here wants em, ill throw em on craigslist and hopefully someone will be down

Last edited: