Tail Light Problem...

UnderPressure

Spoolin'
so far im having one of the worst weeks. car jumps timing and bends some valves in my head. its snowing like crazy here. and now. the icing on the cake. i push my brake pedal and the left tail goes out. i let off the brake. it comes back on. i replaced allll of the bulbs in the back of the car with those brighter sylvania's. everythings wired up right. and all of the bulbs are right. yet when the brake is applied. ONLY the left tail goes completely out?....any suggestions or ideas? or mabye someone selling the whole left light harness for the rear? :angryred:

Winki

Undercover mod
i believe there are 2 coils in you brake lights one that is on with your light and the other that comes on when you press the brake maybe the sevond coil is broke slightly... try just replacing the bulb with the bulb from your right side see if yuo have the same problem... if so then i dont know but shoot me a PM and let me know what you want becausing i am parting out a teg

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
yea dude one of the fillaments is blown cause its a dual fillament bulb ...

UnderPressure

Spoolin'
no its not the fillaments. they are new bulbs. i checked them. they are fine. i even tried a different light out of the package and still got nothing. is there a fuse for each side possibly? when the brakes are applied. everything in my left tail light turns off. goes out. i let off, and everything goes back to normal...i don't get it...

integra evan

It's one of two things:
1. Stoplight switch is going out (yes it will cause the regular tail light to go out)
2. Wiring problem:
a.) Wire(s) could be grounding out
b.) Wires are crossed.

malicious01

Malicious01 .Ls/VTEC.
omg

im having same problems... pretty much one day i was driving home with my girl in the other car behind and she tells me when i get home that my left tailout is out, the electrical in my car keeps flashing on and off every once in a while and today my abs lights were on and i dunno wth is going on... something elecrical is going very bad in my car... anyone got slightest clue wauts up

malicious01

Malicious01 .Ls/VTEC.
im thinking its the wiring for you car cuz my friends car did the same thing... he presses his brakes down and the left one goes out but when he lets off the brakes its all gravy again... best thing to do to get it done quick is take it to a shop.... they will fix it for you for cheap... my friend got his done for like 40 ~ 50 bucks... everything rewired cuz the guy said that his wires were like crossed or something...

UnderPressure

Spoolin'
the wires arent crossed. if the solenoid was bad it would cause BOTH lights to go out....the wiring is untouched in the whole car as well?.... i was messing with it today and the wire that sends juice for the brake light on the left side is green with corrosion so my guess is that the wire is corroded. so im just gonna head up to acura and buy a new left tail harness.....thats the last thing i could think of...if it was something electrical id be having problems with other lights as well and it would have been doing it before as well.

thanks for the ideas and help anyways guys :???:

speedin

The Transporter
integra evan said:
It's one of two things:
1. Stoplight switch is going out (yes it will cause the regular tail light to go out)
2. Wiring problem:
a.) Wire(s) could be grounding out
b.) Wires are crossed.
This guy has it
UnderPressure said:
the wires arent crossed. if the solenoid was bad it would cause BOTH lights to go out....the wiring is untouched in the whole car as well?.... i was messing with it today and the wire that sends juice for the brake light on the left side is green with corrosion so my guess is that the wire is corroded. so im just gonna head up to acura and buy a new left tail harness.....thats the last thing i could think of...if it was something electrical id be having problems with other lights as well and it would have been doing it before as well.
:???:
A loose connection in the solenoid can cause random things.

Untouched wiring can still rub somewhere and cause a short, or even burn-up internally (for instance if someone put a higher amp fuse in the holder, now the wire can be stressed more)

But here is an easy check.. RUST! The connecters where the bulbs go in can rust and cause a bad connection giving you that problem. Go in their and finger the sockets with some steel wool (steel wool not recommeded for other fourms of fingering :lol: )

Last edited:

UnderPressure

Spoolin'
idk what the deal with it is. i cleaned all of the sockets. checked the tail light harness and one of the sockets on the connector was corroded cleaned the shit out of it and it still dont work. i think the wires are corroded underneath the covering. still cant find a left harness for the light itself so i might just run a wire across to the other socket..... :lol:

malicious01

Malicious01 .Ls/VTEC.
i just got mine repaired.. i had same problem as you if not worse... lol** funny thing i took it to a shop that did standard state inspection and told the guy about my problem and he had it fixed in 20 minutes... cost about 25 bucks... problem was faulty wiring... sounds crazy to me given ive never touched any wires in my car other than my headunit but its fixed now.... take it to a gas station or shop that does state inspections and they will fix it for you.. its there job lol...

CLspec

CaliLifeSpec
That's whats wrong with g3 integs, the taillights get messed up like that. Just get urself altezzas n it'll work...hahahahaha...lol.....nah..j/p...