Sunroof Leaking

meka604

I took my car through the touchless wash yesterday, and after it i found out that my sunroof is leaking. The leak is coming from the drivers side back part of the sunroof. The drain holes/pipes are working, does any one know how to fix this or where i can get it done??

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Apparently the hose isn't working or water wouldn't be coming into your car. You've checked the drain hoses and are 100% sure they aern't clogged? My sunroof leaked once, turns out my front driver side hose was completely clogged up. I took down my roof liner, disconnected the hose, blew into it as hard as I could and couldn't blow through it at all. My other 3 hoses were fine, but water still collected in that front driver corner and spilled into the car instead of running to the other hoses, it really sucked.

meka604

TegSox said:
Apparently the hose isn't working or water wouldn't be coming into your car. You've checked the drain hoses and are 100% sure they aern't clogged? My sunroof leaked once, turns out my front driver side hose was completely clogged up. I took down my roof liner, disconnected the hose, blew into it as hard as I could and couldn't blow through it at all. My other 3 hoses were fine, but water still collected in that front driver corner and spilled into the car instead of running to the other hoses, it really sucked.

i checked the hose by pouring water into the holes and water came out the ends so they are not clogged. when i went through the car washed, could the jets have moved the sunroof out of alignment so hte seals have weakened?\

meka604

water does come through the pipes. could teh sunroof have been moved out of alignment wehn i went through the car wash, taht caused the seals to weaken

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
shouldn't have... .Your car gets wet when ever it rains. Try and spray compressed air down the line and see if you can hear it where ever it comes out.