Stupid NEWB

m_blanchard

Hey guys new here, i just got a 91 integra ls. i'm new to anything this complicated... use to plain old carb. i heard you can get alot out of these engines with n.o.s. or turbo. i'm going to rebuild the engine because it leaks oil EVERYWHERE and it reads 202xxx but i would like to do it all at once, i've found everything i want thru ebay cheap. less the 1000. but now after suspension and rebuild kit i need to know more.... like machine work. i'm wanting the most reliable between a turbo or n.o.s, the turbo is kinda pricy but i heard its not as rebiable for a newb? is that true? i'm new to both but with a honda i heard these things are about as reliable as an old 350 so i was gonna go a lil balls out on this project, i'm no super tech, most all my knowlegde comes from forums and friends help. so anythings usefull i was kinda wondering about a good turbo set up, with a shot of n.o.s the bigger the better right? its just a hobby lol but i dont wanna blow it on the first try i wanna do it right the first time. sorry if this kinda ran on.

IntegraGSR1999

Carte Blanche For CHAOS!
If you go the ebay route, i guarantee the "rebuilt" motor will not last too long. Ebay parts are not the greatest quality and probably worse that your worn stock internals. That's just something to think about before you spend your money on a turbo and/or nos. Good luck with your build man!

m_blanchard

Really? i've rebuilt engines with kits thru ebay and ii've never had any problems. i'm not saying i know everything but they always been kits direct for japan and never a problem, the only kit i've had a problem with was thru ome online store and it sucked hardly anything fit right. anything you prefer to use?

dc2b18

Wait... What?
They mean ebay brand. You can get quality parts off of ebay you just have to be careful.

hondaproof

hondaproof
If you want dependable power, go all motor dude. You can get 200 to 250 horse easily and reliably, with money ofcourse.

They mean ebay brand. You can get quality parts off of ebay you just have to be careful.
ebay brand? never heard of it maybe you mean the no name stuff?:lol:

I have found planty of quality oem parts on ebay including my new oem 98-01 bumper for 130 shipped