stripped lug nut a pain

johnownsall2

Well today me and my friends decide to take off my rear right tire because the i was gonna do my breaks Well one stud snapped i dont really care about that i got off all them but one the one lug nut kept spinning and spinning and not coming off so we drilled it and everything its so like fucked up and it wotn come off at all what is the best way to get this sucker off i wanna replace all 4 lugs and studs..

da9_16boi

you gotta cut it off wit a angle grinder or somethin or chizzle it off i chizzled a axle bolt off b4 it took a while but it was worth it if you really need the job done

da9_16boi

you should use a press to press the studs out but a mallet would work. just hammer it out cuz you dont need the studs. but use a mallet or a press to put the new ones in. you should get extended studs if you are goin to change them. it looks way better. but try it out if any problems jus hit me up

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
you should get extended studs if you are goin to change them. it looks way better.
Extended studs look retarded. They should only be used if they are necessary for functionality. They aren't a fashion statement. Why would anyone want extended studs on their car if you have no use for them. Explain how a big threaded studs sticking out of your wheels make your car look so much better?

The reasons for extended studs are fairly lousy as well.

1) Your wheels are the wrong offset that you desire. Should have bought proper wheels
2) You want to run spacers. Again, should have just bought the proper wheels
3) Want to drag race with huge slicks. Straight line racing is "ok" at best

Last edited:

johnownsall2

haha well today i tried again i did it for about 7 hours yesterday this damn thing still wont come off what tool can i use i just wanna cut it right off or is htere a way i can get in from that back and do something

heykosal

Angkorian
Extended studs look retarded. They should only be used if they are necessary for functionality. They aren't a fashion statement. Why would anyone want extended studs on their car if you have no use for them. Explain how a big threaded studs sticking out of your wheels make your car look so much better?

The reasons for extended studs are fairly lousy as well.

1) Your wheels are the wrong offset that you desire. Should have bought proper wheels
2) You want to run spacers. Again, should have just bought the proper wheels
3) Want to drag race with huge slicks. Straight line racing is "ok" at best
I always agree with everything Kyle says.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
haha well today i tried again i did it for about 7 hours yesterday this damn thing still wont come off what tool can i use i just wanna cut it right off or is htere a way i can get in from that back and do something
Use a die grinder or angle grinder with a cutting disc.