Strange leak from the engine.

DC2 Racer

yesterday after i was driving... i saw leak under my car.. i wouldnt think it was mines... so i parked the car somewhere else.. n 2 mins i checked and it was my car... it was coolant.. sooo i drain the radiator n put coolant.. now today its keep leakin soo i checked where its leaking.. and its in the oil pan.. can someone tell me why its leaking from the oil pan... need help!!! plz

Winki

Undercover mod
it is probably your water pump! the coolant runs down and looks like it't off your oil pan.

same thing happend to me. and water pumps go out solw so you can get it changed b/c when it'c completely out your fucked. good time to do a timeing belt also.

Winki

Undercover mod
is it pluged in?
have you let your car sit and run long enough?
is your fan good?
fan doesn't leek coolant so thats ok.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
How many miles is on your car? Have you ever replaced the radiator?

The radiator usualy goes out around 100k miles. Mine did. It's a common thing with Integra's.

DC2 Racer

it has 127k miles.. i just bought the car couple weeks ago

Winki

Undercover mod
Yeah i would change the oil, water pump, timeing belt, plugs, wires, rotar, and cap.
a good all round tune up.
and the water pump has probably never been changed before. don't let your car overheat and ruin your head.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
On my teg, we had a pin hole leak on the radator. You can get some decent OE replacements from radiatorbarn.com. The tune up is probably in order was well. Good call, Bigblock-B.

DC2 Racer

i just got a pressure test... and there is a leak coming from the water pump... soo the water pump is the problem.. how much will this cost me?

Last edited:

Sirfallsalot243

If youre having the water pump done, you definetly want to do the timing belt and tensioner too. If you search around, you can find someone to do it for around 4-600 bucks. I paid $400 with parts to a guy on TI.