Still Need Help!!! Idle problem

Na_hatch

alright so heres the deal my engine light came on and it showed that my tps was fucked so i changed just the tps ... that didnt work ... so i got a used throttle body installed it that didnt work ... and its idlelling at like 2000 rpm ...soo we checked to harness of course broken wire .. now my engine light is off .. no more codes ... but the idle is still at 1500 to 2000 he tried almost everything ... does any have any ideal what this could be !?

let me know... anything would be helpfull

Thanks

Corey

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
Na_hatch said:
alright so heres the deal my engine light came on and it showed that my tps was fucked so i changed just the tps ... that didnt work ... so i got a used throttle body installed it that didnt work ... and its idlelling at like 2000 rpm ...soo we checked to harness of course broken wire .. now my engine light is off .. no more codes ... but the idle is still at 1500 to 2000 he tried almost everything ... does any have any ideal what this could be !?

let me know... anything would be helpfull

Thanks

Corey
sounds like the throttle possition sensor (maybe its bad in the new throttle body too). Make sure your pressure regulator isnt crimped or anything, because that can sometimes cause your engine to rev higher too. It could be the o2 sensor too, because that would cause your teggy to run shitty too. I mean theres a lot of stuff that could cause your car to rev higher, but i would start with double checking the tps first. sounds like thats causing your problems still.

edit :

Just thought of this ... check the FITV .. i think that might be your problem. Other things are possible too, but im leaning towords FITV. sometimes the FITV just sticks open and it causes your car to idle high. 8)

Last edited: