Steering wheel still crooked after alignment

importknight

my steering wheel is crooked. the alignments good but when your going strait the wheel is turned like almost half a turn, how can i fix this im pretty sure it has notin to do with the alignment of the wheels

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
no that means the alignment is off, the steering wheel must the lined up to do the alignment right

ddawgs2000

Take it back to the shop and have them redo your alignment.

YezEr

Retired VeeDubber
importknight said:
no but like when im driving down the road and let go of the steering wheel it goes perfectly strait
Take it to a guy that did alignments for like 3 years..It's wrong..The wheel has to be straight in order to align the front wheels..that's good that the car doesn't drift off..That means your suspension components are fine..but the wheel isn't straight which will drive you mad!!! Whenever i left a wheel crooked..i redid it as asap no questions asked no extra fees..and that's how it should happen for you..That's just my my 2 cents.

LStegg

1 bad LS
Wow, that shop is whack ! They pulled the wool over your eyes man. I did quite a few alignments while I worked a Honda dlrshp. and the wheel has to be STRAIGHT. No way in hell could we ship a car w/ a crooked wheel after alignment. Go to another shop and get yor money back from the old one. :wtf:

importknight

well u see i bought the car like a week ago in brooklyn came like that, and i dont live anywhere close to brook so ill have to get it done up here

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
since you say your allignment good, all you'd have to do is adjust the steering wheel yourself. have your car parked and make sure your wheels are turned straight, at this point like you said your steering wheel is now half a turn, so take it off adjust it. btw make sure you disconnect the battery if you're gonna do this, u don't want a airbag to pop while doing this...

MidniteFreedom

dude you have the same problems as i have. my streering wheel is alittle crooked to the right but goes prefectly stright. if i put my steering back straight my car moves to the left side. im guessing after i lower my car it fucked up my steering wheel lol

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
yo do you know if the car ever had frame damage cuz if it did your alignment wiull never be the same ...lol take you car to like sears for a alignment ... they give you six month if any thing go wrong they will do the alignment over till its right ....