steering prob.

1995DC2

JDM
when i turn my wheels as my driving the steering wheel doesnt go all the way back straight by itself
i need to help it at the end, it keeps the wheels turned a lil and idk wat could be the prob. can anyone help

1995DC2

JDM
ohk but i dont think that is it, it jus started happening today, i put cut lowering springs and i think they rubbed the inside of the fender then i took em off and the steering it still sticky

nautica_t

^that's probably your answer right there.
cut lower springs.

on a side note anyways, your geometry of the car is now different, so the suspension components can't react to help you turn back anymore.

the difference between an actual lowering springs are the coils are coiled up alot more but you still have the same distance, its just the springs dont' compress as much to give you that lower stance, however it also gives you that bouncyness, hence the reason for shock absorbers to help absorb most of hte nasty bumps.

with a car like that, i'm surprised you choose to cut corners this way.

Backwoodz Tuner

Yup^^^ you probably wore out some bushings or ball joints. Shit man, that might of screwed up your steering end links. That's probably why yo car pulls to one side, from the steering links getting pulled outta whack

1995DC2

JDM
well how can i fix all of this, can i get like new bushings and balljoints? cause i took off those cut lowering springs and put higher ones

1995DC2

JDM
is there like smaller shock absorbers i can buy so i dont have slack in my spring?

Backwoodz Tuner

What do ya mean slack in your spring? What type of shocks you workin with, cuz if you can push the the chrome rod, piston thing down by hand then there garbage. Trash'em and get a new pair. That would help. And pick up some coilovers off craigslist or somewhere and then you can lower from there. Jus remember with how low you seem to want it your definetely gonna want a frt camber kit and alignment. Also the size of rims you roll play a big spot on the way your car handles.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
get an alignment.

They'll tell you what you need replaced.

Get adjustable components (ball joints and such) to get your alignment back where it needs to be.

1995DC2

JDM
well yea when i was changing the springs i could push the shock absorber by hands does that mean their bad, but they are factory i never replaced them

1995DC2

JDM
coilovers are two much i cant afford them, but how much do you think it will be to get an alignment and adjustable ball joints and bushings?