Starting issues please help

mike3026

My 93 Integra RS don't start. I can turn the key, and the fuel pump relay engages and everything lights up. Battery is good. But when I turn the key to crank, nothing. No cranking at all. I already had the problem where the fuel pump relay solder points were bad, and fixed that. Does that same relay control the ignition? What do you guys think the problem is?

mike3026

No when you attempt to crank, there is nothing, no cranking, ticking, nothing. I'm thinking it is the starter solenoid now that I think about it, but that thing is a b**** to get to!

johnownsall2

if u jump it does it start? if it does its ur battery because mine did that and now it starts up everytime.

mike3026

No I tried that. Still nothing. The battery is fine. What are the chances of it being the starter solenoid?

DarkDB1

It could be... Your Distributor, Starter, Main Fuel Relay or ignition switch.

Mine does that to... If you turn the key. Nothing... Everything lights up like it should but all you hear is a thunk in the engine bay... Sometimes mine will start then die. My dad tells me its the starter, but i dont think so... He offered to pay for it since i'm giving him my TL... So i got a new starter sitting here, Just need to install it. I doubt it'll fix it though, I already did the ignition switch and distributor...

mike3026

Yea I'm going to try to replace the starter. That thing is hard to get to though. Thats why I'm not so anxious to buy one... cause it might be the problem, yet, it might not.