starting interior modifications. Safe to have the clutch safety off?

awright3331

G1 TEG
like the title says, while i wait on my engine parts to get here i will be starting to modify the interior workings of my g1.

First off im going to take and place a secondary fusebox behind my glovebox.
then i will be getting the electronic workings for the power locks and windows out of a second gen teg and begin fabrication on my doors to take these parts properly. Im gonna take and modify the gauge cluster so that it will light up midnight blue, Im going to take and modify the shift knob and shiter boot to be black and red, im going to take my seats, carpet, and headliner and make them black and blue, since all the plastic in the car is blue im going to put blue LED light strips under the dash and line some around where the back ash tray goes, the door panel materials are going to be black and red, lined around the speakers will be some LED light strips around the speakers in the front, the trunk will be lit up really low intensity blue to where you can only see it if you open the trunk. Also can someone send me a pic of the clutch safety switch ? I want to hook it up on my teg so I dont accidently start it and bang something, I rammed my stepdad in to the wall of our trailer cause i cranked it in first gear lmfao.!

enoch723

Just take it out of gear. Lol. You need to do a write up when you do all this. I cant wait to see the finished product. I think you should stick with one or two colors for the interior though. You have some pieces in black and blue and other in black and red.. Just my own personal preference to every everything black on blue or black on red, but not mixed. Cant wait to see this though

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Make sure the car is not in gear before you crank it, it won't hurt anything not having the safety switch as long as it's not in gear. My Miata has a clutch switch override installed because pushing the clutch without the engine on will force the oil out of the crankshaft thrust bearing, which will then spin without oil until the oil pressure builds, which is less than a second but it all adds up.
The interior should be one color, or two colors. I think just black interiors look the best but if you want color, do black with accents of one color, mixing colors won't look very good.

awright3331

G1 TEG
yeah, probably going to be hard to do the automatic door locks and windows, but im gonna do a bit of wire work to the car and get it set up for the new speakers, lights, windows, and door locks first, gonna get the seats out and rewire the amp while im at it as well. Modifications include also a push button start