Speed limiter ?

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
Do 01 GSR's have a speed limiter (governor) ? I just Traded in my 01 GS for a 01 GSR from some old people who really took care of it but if i remember right my 01 GS automatic only did about 120 MPH before feeling like it hit a wall so i want to know if my GSR will do the same thing i havent really had a chance to drive it since i got it on thursday of last week and the first day io started ordering parts for it and i am currently putting them on so i will post pics soon. just wondering hopefully somebody knows. thanks

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
yes it does have a governor. Its against the law to not have one one cars over 94 or something like that.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i don't believe it does. or not at 120. my 96 GSR would go faster than 120.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I've had my 95 over 130, I only let off because I was getting a bit nervous, hehe.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
the LS probably just hits a wall of physics where it doesn't have enough power to overcome the drag of the wind

the GSX has done 166 :twisted:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea my freind has an 01 gsr with I/H/E and it tops at about 135 or so takes forever after 120 to get there tho. Defenitly no limiter. Now my GS-r got to 150 downhill ran out of juice right around there. M3 160+ drag , M6 170+ ran out of room

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
dc2GS-R said:
the LS probably just hits a wall of physics where it doesn't have enough power to overcome the drag of the wind
That's exactly what it is. I had my mom's 88 when I had it up to 118. It took FOREVER after 100. Haven't topped the 97 or del Sol yet. :twisted:

CHILD

all day all JDM
135 in my DC5 WOOT! those teggy's didnt have a governor....you just need enough power to get you there

CHILD

all day all JDM
dc2GS-R said:
^yeah^

they are quick to 120 but it takes forever after that. 5th doesn't pull much
i know......a few more mods and my exhaust set-up should help me out

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
oh! oooops! i was talking about my dc2. my buddies 04 dc5 S with aem cai, strup RH, and greddy evo2 did a hair over 150

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
thanks guys ill let you guys know what the outcome is tonight when i finish installing my skunk2 coilovers. So far i have an AEM SRI a skunk2 mega power exhaust and skunk2 coilovers and in 2 weeks ill be getiing dc headers and a magnaflow hi flow cat. ill post pics soon.