sooo about those type R side moldings..

faylo604

soo are these TYPE R side moldings... really hard to replica?? heh is it easier just to buy them.. instead of trying to do them myself.... cause we canadians dont have black type R... so i wanna make mine look like one as close as possible..

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Type R's don't have side moldings.
Do you mean sideskirts?
Not sure what your asking...again. :lol: :lol:

faylo604

o from the previous thread they were saying shaved side mouldings... so i was a bit confused... heh.. but i dont see any stock side skirts on sale

MidniteFreedom

do you want to do a type r side moldings? or you want a plastic piece on the doors? which all non type r stock cars have?
but here my doors they are shaved and was welded with metal sheet on it.

k624ash

you need a password to see that link.
but type rs dont have side moldings. "shaved side moldings" means not having them. Like if you were to shave your head, you would be getting rid of your hair.
certain years and models came with painted moldings

Last edited:

nautica_t

just take a look at your car, you have bumps that comes out of the side
those are called moldings..
type r's dont' have that, they were never implented.
if your door is smooth with out any bumps except for body lines than your car is already shaved, but if you look at the above post from k624ash, in his signature in the last 2 pics, you can see the moldings.
type r's don't have that.

k624ash

nautica_t said:
if you look at the above post from k624ash, in his signature in the last 2 pics, you can see the moldings.
type r's don't have that.
I'll need new pics soon, those are shaved now. But i dont want to put up pics till im done painting and everything looks nice

faylo604

we dont have black type R in canada... or at least any in where i live... sooo =) one step at a time... im probably gonna super charge my engine.. instead of turbo..

faylo604

MidniteFreedom said:
do you want to do a type r side moldings? or you want a plastic piece on the doors? which all non type r stock cars have?
but here my doors they are shaved and was welded with metal sheet on it.

how much did this cost you?