so im thinkin about slowly rebuilding

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
so yeah, im thinkin about slowly rebuilding my car...my car has about 185k on it and im in the process of saving up for a newer engine. well, today i kinda started to think that maybe just slowly rebuilding the one i have right now might be the way to go, or is it? would it be worth it? if i did, what should i start with first.

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
im not really sure to be honest with you, i dont really feel that i want to boost it, i dont want to deal with the trouble of boost, so if ianything probably NA or OEM

nate2k5

not a n00b
if its a ls boost it or just rebuild it oem.

building a worthwhile ls all motor setup is very involved and expensive...its really only useful to say you have it because there would be a plethora of streetable and faster b18c's that will make you cry after all the hard work

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
boosted LS isnt a lot of trouble at all as long as you dont drive like a complete jackass all the time. Most people say its a waste of time A.) because they dog the shit outta their car or B.) they built it cheaply on a 200k platform. A boosted b18b is very streetable all while keeping a fairly decent budget. If anything, replace all the pistons piston rings and pistons if yours look worn, hone your block, change to ARP headstuds, clean up the head some, new valves and springs wouldnt hurt, not really needed tho if you are gonna daily it. WIth all that im sure you can spend under 2k if you budget and look for deals. In all honesty you dont have to do all that, I would just suggest it if you have a lot of miles on your motor....if you have low miles i would say all you need is the headstuds. A good tune, never run your car untuned thats another thing people do to ruin their car. I would say with all that you can run it daily all day at 7-10 psi and when you wanna have fun you can bump it up to 13ish. Ive researched and seen lots of people make 300-340 whp on a stock internal b18b.....of course dont run it all the time like that....but like I said it would be the best more fun route to go.....all motor b18b would not make you very happy unless you are doin it as a statement to say my fully built all motor LS can beat your stock type r........which isnt sayin much when you have put that much into a motor.....

My suggestion, sit back, research, think about what you want before you start buyin a header, intake and all this other stuff that may be useless to you in the future.