Short Ram Intake

metallipotty

The only Short Ram/Cold air intakes I seem to be able to find for the G1 are the Weapon-R and K&N Short Rams.. Has anyone tried these out in their G1? I'm torn. I like the look of the Weapon-R, but it's shorter than what I was expecting, even for a SRI. The K&N on the other hand, looks a little tacky for my taste and I don't really care for re-using the old hose..If I took that approach I might as well just buy an old K&N filter and call it good.

Should I go with either of these or buy a custom set and make my own? I've heard great things about the Weapon-R Secret Weapon but I'm still not sold.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
We've sold some weapon r intakes....never heard any complaints on them. But they all function essentially the same.

malikusmangee

A short ram intake is usually just a short, straight tube that draws air from the engine bay relatively close to the throttle body and is really just a place to connect a cone style filter, the MAF sensor( if even), and any necessary vacuum lines. A cold air intake performs the same function but is usually more carefully tuned to the specific engine and draws air from a location out of the engine bay, allowing it to draw cooler air for more hp. I have seen both AEM kits for your car and they both draw from a fairly low point on the vehicle, which increases the risk of aspirating water in wet weather and hydrolocking the engine. Whichever you choose, just go slow through puddles and never traverse any standing water or that intake is going to turn into a well pump.