shifter/linkage problem.. plez help!

konig16

LS Vtec=:)
so i installed a new tranny the other day which a friend gave to me the linkage was already on so i dicided to use it. Problem is the shifter on it is a skunk2 short shifter but dosent fit in the linkage theres almost an inch of play where the bolt gos through the bottom of the shifter to meat the linkage.

anyone know how to fix this? maybe im just missing a spacer?

Sirfallsalot243

Can you get a picture up? Maybe the linkage was from a different car, or is missing peices. If you have your old linkage, Id just use that.

konig16

well i figured it out its the right linkage but the skunk2 shifter comes with a spacer that im missing so im trying to get ahold of skunk2 to see if they can just sell me the nut bolt and spacer instead of buying a new shifter.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
you're missing a spacer dude.. i bought one and it came with a civic one... which was too big... so i just used like 5 washers or something

konig16

DailyDrivenDB8 said:
you're missing a spacer dude.. i bought one and it came with a civic one... which was too big... so i just used like 5 washers or something
i was thinking about doing that but im thinking it might get loose later or somthing and the washers might rattle.