second gen clip

dlo253

That would cost more than just buying a da. And would also look like complete shit. If you like driving a turd, and are mechanically inclined then yes you can do it. Far from a bolt on deal tho.

enoch723

By clip, Im assuming you mean bumper? Yeah you can, but its pointless in the end. Your gunna have to cut holes for the marker lights and shit like that and by the time your done, it isnt going to look much different then what you already have. Be better of doing a hood swap from a 2g and modifying it to fit

dlo253

Pretty sure he means front clip.... As in the whole front end. Either way wouldn't be worth it IMO. But if he is asking if he is able to do it I doubt he has the skills required to tackle a job like that. No offense op, just sayin..

Prozon

Kris
I agree with Dillion. Generally if you're asking if it can be done- you can't do it yourself.

Sure it can be done- but it won't just be a bolt on deal. You're better off selling your first gen and buy a second gen.

enoch723

Pretty sure he means front clip.... As in the whole front end. Either way wouldn't be worth it IMO. But if he is asking if he is able to do it I doubt he has the skills required to tackle a job like that. No offense op, just sayin..
Lol. Of coarse he ment front end.. My bad. Lol.

Yeah you can do it but it REALLY is not worth it unless you have to have coilovers on the front which really is going to be the only gain, or even change for that matter. Not worth it at all

dlo253

Just b swap it and call it a day.

enoch723

Just b swap it and call it a day.
I disagree. If he is going to do a b swap its going to be just as much work. He is going to have to get the cv's, tranny, ecu and wiring along with motor mounts and body work to do the swap. I would go with the previous advice of just selling the G1 and getting a G2. Already has a B series and the front end he wants

Prozon

Kris
Well the front clip is usually the fenders, hood, bumper and support and sometimes the radiator support. You would need all of these to switch front ends. That being said, I think it would look a little off on a gen 1 and it wouldn't be too simple to swap. It would probably require a bit of work to make it look good.