RPM's Shooting up and down then stall!

Ralph3991

Ralph
I have a 98 teggy ls.

It was dripping fuel from the injector so I changed one of the ring sets. I put it back together hoping it would fix the problem. Seemed like at first it worked but I drove for about 20min and a different injector started spraying fuel everywhere.

My RPM's shoot up and down, stalls the car and has a rough idle because of it. What do you guys think it is?

Could this be from this leak?

My car was fine unitl this leak occured. Please help me out!

mechanic at autozone said it was probably because I didnt change all the seals at the same time. But it's only the first injector that is spraying. The others are fine.

480codyGSR

I'd say replace all the seals. If you only replace one that will ensure a seal on that one and put more pressure on the weaker unchanged seals. (just a theory, but seems logical to me) and if your losing fuel all over the place you should expect a idle problem, the engine is designed to run off a certain cycle and with the idle bouncing around it isn't running like expected so it's gonna stall out. Only thing I can say is replace the evident problem at hand and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk