RPM's going crazy

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
alright i went and did a computer check on my car and it said that the O2 sensor was bad. So i changed it. But my RPM"S are still going crazy. Like when i pass 4500 they just start jumping passing 8000. Any idea of what this might be???

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Your car is hitting VTAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I have no clue, but this reminded me of a old accord we were working on. every time you would put the brakes on the tach would jump to like 4000 rpm with the car off. lol

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
probably? I have no clue. I was just making a joke. lol

nautica_t

check your distributor
sounds like its going.
thats usually some of the signs.

if you can borrow a healthy one, give it a try and see what happens.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
so that's what i need to change. when i come to a complete stop or rolling a minimal speed the rpm goes up higher.

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
but when it happens to me im not stopping or slowing down. Im could be driving at like 55 and the rpms are going up and down by them selfs

PogKai

B20VTEC
JDM_Conversion said:
so that's what i need to change. when i come to a complete stop or rolling a minimal speed the rpm goes up higher.
have the check engine on?

PogKai

B20VTEC
emmanuel2112 said:
Yea i got it checked and it said it was the O2 sensor but i changed that already
wasn't talking to you lol.. your problem might be the igniter which I mentioned above..

GSROWNSU

PogKai said:
igniter in the distributor
i agree...happened to my friends g2 integra...if it's not the igniter check elsewhere with electrical that's what it is...the tach gets it's readings from the dizzy