replacing ecm

silvermoon

I recently bought a 98 gsr an d it has a 93 ecm with an adapter harness in it. i have found ouit this is the problem for my no start. If I get a new one from a junkyard what year ranges and models can i look for and does auto or stick matter? btw mines a 5 spd. and where can i find what the #s on the side of the ecm mean?!

96GSRteg

Tyler
They're called ECUs not ECMs on our cars. And yes, you need an obd2b 98+gsr ecu. It needs to be manual and for a gsr or type r will work too.

And how is it your problem? Do you know anything else about the ecu that's on your car? If its anything decent you can load a different basemap into and it could help your problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

silvermoon

someone wrote on it in sharpie it was a 93 and"hot-rodded" andthen it also says for off road ude only and the harness also says off road use?! reason i say i think it is ecu:) is because i am getting no power to my fuel pump and also my injectors are not pulsing when i try to crank it

riverrunner06

someone wrote on it in sharpie it was a 93 and"hot-rodded" andthen it also says for off road ude only and the harness also says off road use?! reason i say i think it is ecu:) is because i am getting no power to my fuel pump and also my injectors are not pulsing when i try to crank it
Silvermoon,

The reason for the writing is due to the ECU not being "smog legal" for your vehicle. It is OBD1 and your vehicle is OBD2. There is no reason it will not work (and likely better than the stock ECU) as long as the jumper is good.

After reading about your problem I would look at the EFI fuse. Sounds like you have a power supply issue to the circuit:D

silvermoon

I have tried a new pgm-fi relay made no difference still no power to fuel pump i am going to go to the junk yard and see if i can get a new used ecu and try it

silvermoon

wait EFI fuse? i checked the fuel pump fuse under the dash and unless the EFI fuse is some thing else or some where else idk let me know pls