Removing Heath Sheild

sOuL

im thinking about removing my heat sheild and was wondering if it was a good or bad idea all it dose is scrap when i go over bumps and i cant zip tie it cause its messed up a bit so i was thinkng of taking it off

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Heath shield, my car dosent have a candy bar shield in it. Also zip ties would probably melt.

k624ash

you guys dont shield your heath bars? how do you keep them safe?

sOuL

1990TeGLs said:
on the header?
well both the header and the one under the frontend unless thats all the same/one peice...
all it dose is hang down and scrape when i go over bumps

sOuL

well the other day i removed the heat sheild, so no more scraping or sagging, it was broken which is y it was doing that, now theres just this small peice that hangs down from the bottom of the front valance which dosent show or scrap as bad as the heat sheild, but im not to worried bout it cause im gonna be gettn a new heat sheild soon anyways
oh and the heat sheild i removed was the one on the left side near the left front wheel well, not the one that covers the exaust manifold...

Sirfallsalot243

I removed all of mine. Weight savings!!!

J/k. I took them out because they rattled, and made my car sound like ass. No Ill effects to removing them.

sOuL

Sirfallsalot243 said:
I removed all of mine. Weight savings!!!

J/k. I took them out because they rattled, and made my car sound like ass. No Ill effects to removing them.
lol weight savings...
i was wondering 2 since i took my sheild off is it bad cause the underdrive pulley and serpinetine belt may be exposed to some puddles of water?

LStegg

1 bad LS
I think you mean hose clamps and heat sheild. Just take the damn thing off w/tin snips if its your cat heat-sheild. :roll:

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
sOuL said:
lol weight savings...
i was wondering 2 since i took my sheild off is it bad cause the underdrive pulley and serpinetine belt may be exposed to some puddles of water?
We don't have serpinetine belts. we have individual belts for our accessories.