Removing Front Hub for Acura Integra 99gs

Smokied

Ive gotten the brake caliper, the brake caliper mounting bracket, thespindle nut and the rotor off but now im stuck trying to pull the hub off to no avail. Im thinking I should loosen some of the suspension around the ball joints so it can be freed, just a guess. Anyone who has done this job in the past and is willing to give me some advice, Id appreciate this.

And is there a possible way I can have the Hub repaired? The lugnut broke off one of the hub screws this is why Im messing with it. Is my only option to discard the hub and buy a new one?

Target

Acura Tech
I take it you mean lug stud... What you'll need to do is first off go to acura and get a new wheel bearing. I'll get to this in a minute. First remove your cotter pins and nut on the upper ball joint, lower ball joint, and tie rod end. Remove the whole knuckle. You will have to beat it off with a hammer. Don't hit the ball joint studs but it the lower control arm where the stud is. Once you get your knuckle out remove the seal on the back of the wheel bearing. Press out your hubfrom the bearing. When you press it out the inner race comes out with it. This is why you'll need a new bearing. Remove the snap ring that holds the bearing in. Press out the remaining bearing, and reinstall just the opposite. You'll probably need to pick up a manual to completly understand, let me know if this helps.

Smokied

I take it you mean lug stud... What you'll need to do is first off go to acura and get a new wheel bearing. I'll get to this in a minute. First remove your cotter pins and nut on the upper ball joint, lower ball joint, and tie rod end. Remove the whole knuckle. You will have to beat it off with a hammer. Don't hit the ball joint studs but it the lower control arm where the stud is. Once you get your knuckle out remove the seal on the back of the wheel bearing. Press out your hubfrom the bearing. When you press it out the inner race comes out with it. This is why you'll need a new bearing. Remove the snap ring that holds the bearing in. Press out the remaining bearing, and reinstall just the opposite. You'll probably need to pick up a manual to completly understand, let me know if this helps.
yeah it does help, youve clarified a few things.

I dont know what you mean exactly by hitting it with a hammer, but Im sure Ill find that out in a second
i just got to taking the cotter pin of the lower control arm, havent yet put the socket wrench on it and torqued itoff.

Im thinkingabout ordering from this place, they have a wheel bearing already in the hub from the look of it. They are even cheaper then the local junkyard for a front hub.
http://staging.car-stuff.com/carparts/acuraintegra19941999timkentm5120341.html

Smokied

Target,

I now see what youre talking with banging it out without damaging the ball joints, just not sure how to do it exactly. Tried chiseling it out with a screwdriver, it doesnt seem like it is gonna go that way. It looks like I'll need to take off the strut mounting bracket so the control arm will be freer to move about or Would a ball joint remover be necessary for this job.