Removed Thread (ABS)

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i recently made a thread about ABS. im guessing it was deleted by a mod. kinda messed up because i was looking for quick answers. oh well, ill reinstate the problem.

- i have problems getting rid of my ABS light. i replaced all the fuses, 10A, 15A,20A. the light turned off for about 20 seconds. but it would turn on afterwards, with a loud buzzing noise. for about 30 seconds. im not sure what is causing this noise. i just need a insight on this. and also if this to get deleted can i get a heads up. its a big priority to me.

as of right now. i took the fuses out in order to get rid of the buzzing noise. and the ABS light is still on.

speedin

The Transporter
JDM_Conv3rsion said:
i recently made a thread about ABS. im guessing it was deleted by a mod. kinda messed up because i was looking for quick answers. oh well, ill reinstate the problem.

- i have problems getting rid of my ABS light. i replaced all the fuses, 10A, 15A,20A. the light turned off for about 20 seconds. but it would turn on afterwards, with a loud buzzing noise. for about 30 seconds. im not sure what is causing this noise. i just need a insight on this. and also if this to get deleted can i get a heads up. its a big priority to me.

as of right now. i took the fuses out in order to get rid of the buzzing noise. and the ABS light is still on.
ok the noise is normal. it is the abs preforming a self check. now for the light... what size rims do you have? most likely your throwing a code for one of many reasons. this will shut the abs off (abs light will stay on). wheel speed sensor, brake fluid level sensor, and a couple other things will cause the abs to shut off. here is another thing, have you chaged ur brake fluid recently?? if you did i bet you didnt follow the procedure to drain and fill the abs pump did ya. just a few things to check

Last edited:

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i believe it was drained and refilled by my mechanic. im gonna have to check into that though. but damn the noise is loud. like there are two elephants having sex. :lol:

speedin

The Transporter
JDM_Conv3rsion said:
i believe it was drained and refilled by my mechanic. im gonna have to check into that though. but damn the noise is loud. like there are two elephants having sex. :lol:
yea its an annoying noise. but its gotta do what its gotta do. u could prob wrap some dyanmat around the pump?? bet u wouldnt hear it much then

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
speedin said:
yea its an annoying noise. but its gotta do what its gotta do. u could prob wrap some dyanmat around the pump?? bet u wouldnt hear it much then
maybe i'm confused, but what sound are you talking about? the NORMAL one you hear when you start up or the one it makes when it's low on brake fluid? because it sounds like you're saying it's normal for your car to make that noise (and it seems like he's describing something else). when my teg was low on brake fluid, it made a really loud whining noise. sounded like the antenna going up, but from the front of the car.

speedin

The Transporter
G3GirL said:
maybe i'm confused, but what sound are you talking about? the NORMAL one you hear when you start up or the one it makes when it's low on brake fluid? because it sounds like you're saying it's normal for your car to make that noise (and it seems like he's describing something else). when my teg was low on brake fluid, it made a really loud whining noise. sounded like the antenna going up, but from the front of the car.
he said the loud buzzing was for about 30 seconds when it came on. its like a berggggththth (hard to describe). but the abs at start and other times will preform a self check making a weird noise that makes u think its gonna blow

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
speedin said:
he said the loud buzzing was for about 30 seconds when it came on. its like a berggggththth (hard to describe). but the abs at start and other times will preform a self check making a weird noise that makes u think its gonna blow
yeah, that's what i'm talking about, too. sounds like the antenna going up or down but from the front of the car. pretty loud. did it everytime i started the teg when i was low on fluid, but went away when i filled it back up. abs light as well. can't hurt to check the easy shit first.

speedin

The Transporter
G3GirL said:
yeah, that's what i'm talking about, too. sounds like the antenna going up or down but from the front of the car. pretty loud. did it everytime i started the teg when i was low on fluid, but went away when i filled it back up. abs light as well. can't hurt to check the easy shit first.
yea. well on mine i had the noise. and my fluid was always in check . but yea KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) better to start with the easy stuff. he already did fuses. now check fluid and connectors.