Reallly considering taking out stuff

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Can anyone come up with a list of what I can remove from my 92 integra gs... I want to keep my ps... I could take out the abs but i don't have money for the prop valves If anyone can give imput on what would happen or how much better it is without those items?

Was really considering these items... and more:
Manifold Cover
AC + Condenser and such
(whats a wire tuck?)
ABS if theres a cheap way, i'll do it though hard or easy. (It doesn't work anyway)

Addons
I seen you need to take out axle to get out the alternator... i am pretty sure its dying... I wnat to put a 120 amper in there instead of 80. I just wanna know what i'm up against.
What kind of bars can I add to the car... like engine bar?

Last edited:

wite2nr

you want to remove things to go faster? you can remove a/c, p/s (once you have driven a car with no p/s you get used to it), your interior, abs... what are you trying to accomplish?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I am going for a more show car look... then performance... I'll keep the ps I think I wanna take out most of the stuff that show sin the engine compartment to make it look better

xusake

just tuck all your wire's and clean your engine bay out.

J_Jay_B

teg driver
can i use purple power and pressure washer?
if you us a power washer be sure to tightly secure a bag over your filter if you have a cone filter... if you still have an air box (stock intake) then you should just be able to duct tape over the hole behind the power steering so no water gets in there.

also make sure your alternator has a plastic bag around it and is secure and safe from water. duct tape over your plug wires on the valve cover just to make sure no water gets under inside the cover... that could lead to catastrophic failure...

i suggest you do all of this at a pay ans spray and use the "no touch" setting. then drive it home and get some degrease spray and work on the yucky spots

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I have a pressure washer.. but if I have to cover almost everything whats best way to clean it up? just use a regular hose and stuff?

I am going to start cleaning and ripping stuff off rigth now even though it 11:30 i am so not tired.. ima take pics as I go

Last edited:

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
I removed my power steering about a week ago.It's not too bad,i'm used to it already.I'd suggest a/c and p/s removal. .if it's weight your worried about. .gut the back?. that bottle that holds the winshield wiper fluid( but then you'd have dirty windows. . lol)

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
well so far I removed my most of the ac, I got the manifold cover off and the ac fan out as well as the hoses.. I got the ac loose and ready to pull out BUT the freaking light went out in my garage so I was screwed lol. Now I wait till day time... I wanted to know if I take out hte ac fan will the otehr one be efficient?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
It will be fine with just the one fan, the a/c fan only works when the a/c is on.

A wire tuck is basically running all the wires behind the fenders and sometimes through the frame rail.

Look into relocating the battery also.

wite2nr

if you are going for the clean wire tuck look then the P/S is going to be sticking out like a sore thumb. really, its not that bad with no p/s once you are actually driving, I would remove it.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
How about I make a vote... lol ima make a new thread!! By the way I already put a battery in the rear. Just in my own way. I am not sure how this tuck works so I am going to have to mess with it... i don't see how u can tuck all the wires

Last edited:

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Heres some of the things I removed if anyone wants let me know i am sure it all works except for the compressor

Also since I took the AC belt off.. the balance of the two other belts isn't going to be affected right?

Condenser, Compressor, and AC drive belt with no cracks that I can see

AC Fan

Before some stuff that was removed

After that stuff is removed

Just car with hood up

What is this plug

Its next to the Radiator fan but the fan for the radiator is plugged in

Another Car pic

This thing needs a lot of work... and care

Last edited: