Random Misfire

bardahl

So my 2000 GS-R is getting a random misfire on all four cylinders. It seems to do it sometimes at idle and lower rpms but seems to quit after around 4k. It also seems like sometimes the misfires are sensitve to the throttle position such as me giving it too much gas. But it doesnt happen all the time. I was informed that it could be my vtec solenoid, could this be?

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Same thing happened to me, well I was only getting it in 1 and sometimes 2 cylinders. check your spark plugs, are they covered in either oil or engine coolant? My issues was a blown head gasket. Have you done a pressure test on all the cylinders?

The chances of it being the VTEC solenoid are slim to none. Wouldn't hurt to take it apart and see if it needs to be cleaned though.

XxCaryxX

Sounds like time for a tune-up my friend. It sounds like you aren't getting enough spark when you give it gas therefore bogging it down and almost flooding it. Spark plugs, spark plug wires (I suggest NGK on the previous two), Distributor (I bought the whole thing) etc

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
ive been having the same issue. it started last fall right before i stored my car. i replaced the spark plugs with new ones and it took care of the problem well after getting my car back out a week ago it started to sorta do it again. well i ended up doing my plugs in my winter car recent and the lady at the parts store told me to check the gap cause alot of people tell u there pre gapped and i didnt think to even check my integra's. so i did and they were off. well put new ones in today and gapped them right and adjusted my fuel pressure to around 40 instead of the 23 it was at lol and my car is up and running again with out any misfireing. so we will see if that does the trick. my plugs were white as hell and that sorta scares me cause its running alittle hot