RACING SEATS/Bucket seats

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Alright need help for good cheap bucket seat! i know it seems like an easy choice but i cant decide! i cant find anything deep enough from the stock Integra LS seats for more the $350 help would be great THANKS

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
You can go to Kragen and get some bucket seats for $125 each. They are black and I think leather too. Or simulated leather.

konerri

what about those F1 spec seats. they are spoon/mugen/etc nook offs but they are still cheap.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
8 dictionary results for: cheap
Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, adverb, noun
–adjective
1. costing very little; relatively low in price; inexpensive: a cheap dress.
2. costing little labor or trouble: Words are cheap.
3. charging low prices: a very cheap store.
4. of little account; of small value; mean; shoddy: cheap conduct; cheap workmanship.
5. embarrassed; sheepish: He felt cheap about his mistake.
6. obtainable at a low rate of interest: when money is cheap.
7. of decreased value or purchasing power, as currency depreciated due to inflation.
8. stingy; miserly: He's too cheap to buy his own brother a cup of coffee.

4 dictionary results for: safety

–noun, plural -ties.
1. the state of being safe; freedom from the occurrence or risk of injury, danger, or loss.
2. the quality of averting or not causing injury, danger, or loss.
3. a contrivance or device to prevent injury or avert danger.
4. the action of keeping safe.

Cheap seats ARE NOT safe. They may look cool, hold you in your seat a little bit better, and be within your budget.....HOWEVER they fall apart quickly, are incredibly uncomfortable over time, and in the even of an accident they are not constructed to withstand impact. WIth that said you run the risk of the seat's mounting points coming unhinged in the even of an accident and slamming your directly into the dashboard/steering column. These seats are not DOT nor FIA approved and that's with good reason. They're cheaply manufactured knockoffs....the reduction in price is from using cheaper materials and eliminating important components of the design which KEEP YOU SAFE.

If you want some cheap seats for under $400....get a used set of RSX seats and take your brackets to a welder/fabricator for modification.

konerri

^dam just trying to help a brother out. But yes, cheap seat are gay. I am planning on getting a set of S1R mugens.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
^dam just trying to help a brother out. But yes, cheap seat are gay. I am planning on getting a set of S1R mugens.

So am I...not trying to knock anyone's input. At the end of the day those seats just aren't worth it.

I have 5 friends that have bought knockoff seats (3 being Recaro knocks, 1 Mugen knock, and 1 Evo knock) and installed them in either an Integra or Civic and they were totally unhappy with them within a months time. The foam is cheap and doesn't support body weight over time making the seats very uncomfortable. Usually they don't really even install right and the seats sit at a strange angle.

The RSX seats in cloth sell for around $200-300 for a nice set in black. They have larger side bolsters than an Integra does and should make a nice replacement for the LS seats.

The reason for getting "racing seats" is obviously because when driving at a high rate of speed the seats dont hold your body in place. When driving faster, your always more at risk for things to go wrong and the possibility of crashing is always there (regardless of how in-control you feel). While driving fast and getting into an accident, those seats will harm you worse than if you had OEM LS seats installed.

revn99teg

8 dictionary results for: cheap
Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, adverb, noun
–adjective
1. costing very little; relatively low in price; inexpensive: a cheap dress.
2. costing little labor or trouble: Words are cheap.
3. charging low prices: a very cheap store.
4. of little account; of small value; mean; shoddy: cheap conduct; cheap workmanship.
5. embarrassed; sheepish: He felt cheap about his mistake.
6. obtainable at a low rate of interest: when money is cheap.
7. of decreased value or purchasing power, as currency depreciated due to inflation.
8. stingy; miserly: He's too cheap to buy his own brother a cup of coffee.

4 dictionary results for: safety

–noun, plural -ties.
1. the state of being safe; freedom from the occurrence or risk of injury, danger, or loss.
2. the quality of averting or not causing injury, danger, or loss.
3. a contrivance or device to prevent injury or avert danger.
4. the action of keeping safe.

Cheap seats ARE NOT safe. They may look cool, hold you in your seat a little bit better, and be within your budget.....HOWEVER they fall apart quickly, are incredibly uncomfortable over time, and in the even of an accident they are not constructed to withstand impact. WIth that said you run the risk of the seat's mounting points coming unhinged in the even of an accident and slamming your directly into the dashboard/steering column. These seats are not DOT nor FIA approved and that's with good reason. They're cheaply manufactured knockoffs....the reduction in price is from using cheaper materials and eliminating important components of the design which KEEP YOU SAFE.

If you want some cheap seats for under $400....get a used set of RSX seats and take your brackets to a welder/fabricator for modification.
exactly my point. don't low ball anything in your teg imo. not saying don't go for good deals. just know the source and watch out for yourself, go through all the suggestions that other members have and if something interests you, do research

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
OOH! ok so maybe spend like $700-850 for good seats? or better to stick with OEMs? I'm going to do some track training in october with some friends and a professional instructor and i really just wanted deeper seats but now i know all this i want super goood seats like some $1000 recaros or sparcos haha

RD408

Memory fab seats are good from what I heard. The reclinable seats for around 500bucks.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
OOH! ok so maybe spend like $700-850 for good seats? or better to stick with OEMs? I'm going to do some track training in october with some friends and a professional instructor and i really just wanted deeper seats but now i know all this i want super goood seats like some $1000 recaros or sparcos haha

You should look around on eBay...there are some good deals for OEM Recaros. They are WELL WORTH the money. I found a dirty set for $750 and they cleaned up very well with just water. I still have to soap them to get them mint-looking but they're an 8.5/10 with just water and they were dirty as hell when they got here.

Just have some patience and wait for a set with a good price. Mine also came with rails and shipping was only $125.

They have crazy huge side bolsters...you barely move taking aggressive corners and they are wayyyy comfortable to sit in.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Oh nice that sounds pretty awesome ya thats what im going for seats that hold you really well and are super comfortable! But ill wait for a good set! thanks for the advice! I'm hopin to find some and if you see any let me know!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ive driven with a fixed position bucket seat and here are my opinions on it...they are good for agressive driving, but suck for daily. it was hard to get in and out of the car and it was hard to look over the shoulder. other than that heel toe was easier and shifting was easier for