Quick quesiton about salvage titles???

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
will it say on the title, if it has been salvaged from a wreck or stolen????? or will it just say salvaged.

ITRnarcotic

Dont Ask
it says salvaged at the top on the actual pink slip. they like to make it known to you so that you know with no doubt its salvaged.

yunwawa

make sure you have the frame and engine checked before buying. Nothin worse than a car pulling in one for no reason while you struggle to get to 60mph.

redwing24

The reason why, Is I'm looking at a 99, they guy says its a rtheft ecovery and not a crash. In that case, for the price I don't think I could go wrong. But I'll bring my jack so I can jack it up on the parking lot and look at the frame. The guy so far has been pretty up front with me, with is a plus. He also has tires on it from late summer, that will give me a good indication about the way it drives too. Nothing worse than someone throwing on new tires to hide existing problems.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
imo i wouldn't pick up a salvaged title car, thats just me. its hard to sell and it costs a fraction what a clean titled car is worth. its good for a daily beater or if you plan on keeping the car for a long time.

end005

perhaps I'm wrong, but when you buy a salvaged titled car, sometimes, you can get rid of that "salvage" status of the title removed if its registered in a different state. I remember reading this from somewhere.

correct me if i'm wrong though. personally, i woudn't buy a salvaged vehicle either. regardless if i was going to keep it forever or use it as a project.

redwing24

well the good news it doesn't have a salvaged title. So I'm going to pic up my Teg tomorrow. 8 hours of driving for a car is insane. but it has tons of aftermarket parts on it and the pice is right. Sorry bob barker.

jdm_mike19

dude salvaged title my ass stfu it doesnt matter its an integra come on really only thing ur getting if car is in good shape it just will lose about a 1000 when trying to sell it, but its still a integra!!!!