Problems starting car in morning

skitz45

Well, i got my first car recently and it happens to be an automatic 95 acura integra. Whoever previously owned it was not too nice on the body but its still an awesome car. My one concern is starting. At times my integra will (in the mornings mainly) shut off right after starting or will idle in a very odd manner but won't shut off. Whoever previously owned it installed a performace air filter (I believe) but my friend pointed out that its possible that with the stock air filter it would perform better because of the indirect air going to it. Me being not that car savy am askin for a little help and pointers that could make it start a little smoother and perform quite well for just daily driving. Again this is my first car so any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks-

Spody02

Name: Cody
the air filter shouldnt effect the way it starts
i dont know why it dosent start well
...maybe bad spark

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
clean the fuel system, replace the plugs and wires, and clean the air filter. also check the battery. should help! ;)

skitz45

Thanks guys, will get on checking all of that, either way the car runs smooth and hasnt failed me so im not too worried. Thanks for the tips.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
give it a basic tune up
Exactly what I thought of. Reason is because you don't know exactly what maintenance was done if any so it's best just to get it out of way.