problem with aftermarket exhaust

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
has anyone ever had a problem with an aftermarket exhaust being a few inches short?

i ordered a header high flow cat and cat back exhaust and for started the hangers didnt really line up too great. then when it came to putting the muffler on the pipe that goes over the axle is right directly on the sway bar which is pushing it up against the bumper a lot. there wasnt anything i could really do to fix it and now its slowly starting to melt the bumper along the edge of the tip. the tip of the muffler only makes it about halfway past where the bumper is notched for the stock exhaust. it seems like its 2-4 inches too short

Regulator23

only thing you can do bro is try and bend it yourself....BAD IDEA....or take it to a exhaust shop and have them make u a custom b-pipe longer than the one u got...and then u will be fine!!! hehe :D

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
im putting the stock cat on. its a little bit longer then the one i got on now. that should make up or the lost length i hope. its all under another thread in the lounge. "back to stock" if you care to read the details

ltrain

your problem with fitment is most likely the cat its probably universal and it dont fit right get rid of it and get one for your car obx neuspeed comptech etc...