Problem. HELP!

fodo91ls

Check engine light is on.
ECU is throwing a code 4, which is Crankshaft Position (CKP Sensor).
Engine won't rev over 3k RPMS.

Thing is, I have a SAFC2 hooked up.
The person I bought the car for did the wiring himself.
Electrical tape ftw.

Is it really the CKP sensor or can the wiring from the SAFC just be going back therefor causing my ECU to throw that code?

Spody02

Name: Cody
no, ckp sensor is there to basically to see how fast the crank is moving to tell how much spark to give making it so you cant rev past 3k, i know alot people dont get a good ground to them, i would recomnd that you disconnet the battery and let it sit for 5 mins or so, this will reset your ecu and continue to drive, dont beat on it, and see if the code comes back if it dose, you most likely have to replace the sensor and take off your oil pan and its located by the oil pump

gl

PROJECT91teg

just to let you know i have a 90 ls was doing the same shit. on the 90-93 integra the tdc ckp cyp is a 3 part sensor the ckp is what determines the timing and fuel injection and ignition on each cylinder and detects engine rpm... so with that said get a volt meter and check that round connecter on the distributor if you have a 90-91 check pins c and d if you have a 92-93 check b and f.. if there is no continunity replace the whole distributor.. yes the whole thing.. its sucks but its true.. and go buy a haynes manual.. they do help.... sometomes