power steering dead

1990integrals

I have already tested the plug to the pressure switch it does have 13.5 volts. on the pump when I open the top the oil just sits there no movement. I did use a long screw driver and placed it next to the side of the steering pump all I heard was buzzing sound. When I drive the car it is worst then Manuel steering. there are no oil leaks. need help GEAR HEADS.... THANKS IN ADVANCE

daf

Well first, you should not have oil in there. You should have power steering fluid (or im some cases DOT 3 fluid, ive seen it done, dont ask). If you have actual oil in there, it isnt viscus enough to work as an adiquite hydrolic fluid.

I would also look at replacing your lines. Some times they can get clogged.

If you get tired of figuring this out, you can always get a rack off a EF civic or a CRX and go manuel like I am.
________
Curvy Webcams

Last edited:

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
crack the pressure line and check for pressure but be careful theres a lot of pressure there if u dont have a gauge.

1990integrals

thanks 4 input ready 4 this You would think the ACURA DEALER would know their own product. well $110.00 later they said we can try the pump to create pressure on the system. they were not sure what the problem is. they will swap out parts until they get it to work. LOL i found the pump 4 $118.00 and the rack 4 $178.00. the acura price 4 the pump is $354.00 alone . hmm what should i do . no brainer get both parts and replace them both , after all they are 19 years old. you know the old saying put in a new part in a system and something else will break down. thanks for input again. expensive mistake going to dealer, lesson learned.