port and polishing intake manifold????

pinkley

b@115D33p
i been thinking about porting and polishing my stock LS intake manifold. just curious of what kind ofhp gains i might get if any at all and would it even be worth the trouble.

chris_q

i been thinking about porting and polishing my stock LS intake manifold. just curious of what kind ofhp gains i might get if any at all and would it even be worth the trouble.
idk if you will get any hp if u do that
but my best opinion is get a skunk 2 intake manifold thats wat i got on my gsr and its a big different i went from stock mani to skunk2 mani and big diferenceee

pinkley

b@115D33p
idk if you will get any hp if u do that
but my best opinion is get a skunk 2 intake manifold thats wat i got on my gsr and its a big different i went from stock mani to skunk2 mani and big diferenceee
Did you have any other mods other than the manifold?I've read that if you don't have aftermarket cams a intake isn't going to do much for you. Actually loose hp. That was on streetracing.com ive done a little research but everyone keeps saying the same thing. If I'd gain anything on a p/p I'll get that done. And it will be alot cheaper for me sense I have a good friend that does it on the side. Idk... I'm still learning about these cars.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
You wont gain any noticable power by poting and polishing your intake manifold. The only way you'd see a difference is if you also port and polished your head, ran a different throttle body and had car re-tuned. You do 1 mod, you have 2 others that need to go along with it, thats just my rule of thumb. For instance you put big cams in your motor, you then need valvetrain and tuning...thus the 1 mod=2 more theory. put a header on the car, you then need highflow cat and bigger piping...again 1 and 2.

Either leave it stock, port it along with the head and get throttle body or buy aftermarket manifold and throttle body

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
If I'd gain anything on a p/p I'll get that done.
A smooth polished edge on the interior of any chamber with air going through it will allow greater airflow.

That's just physics. I don't know what the actual gain will be if even noticeable (no experience), but it will be an improvement. Plain and simple.

EDIT: I'd listen to nerks ^^^ he seems to know his stuff pretty well!

pinkley

b@115D33p
Here is another question I'm just going to throw out there. I've heard of people putting a Gsr head on a ls and converting it to vtec. What are the gains there? I have access to a Gsr head my buddy is trying to sell me but I'm not sure what all I need.