PLugs and wirES..

Jmoney187

LivinLow
On my ls motor i had NGK cool blue wires and iridium ix plugs.. i wana change out the ones on the new motor becuz they look beat up and generic.
Whats my best set-up for a type-r motor??

sparkplugs.com

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
lots of folks are gonna recommend your basic blue NGK's, unless you're putting some serious power, some move up to MSD.

speedin

The Transporter
Use the same set-up the old motor had. NGK cool blue wires and iridium ix plugs will take you a LONG way on your motor.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Stick with OEM wires for your B18C5. Only boosted setups need to upgrade their ignition system.
NGK is the OEM replacement brand for Honda.

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Holy Moly i forgot how expensive all that shit was.. i cant remember are the prices for each spark plug or for a package on sparkplugs.com ??
And can i still use the cool blues even tho it only specifies DOHC, and the power wire says v-tec?????
Also whats my best plug, does it matter as long as its platinum or iridium?

mteg

Automatic Lover
Go with Iridium. Denso's are around $13 a piece at autozone, but worth it. Check online. I don't know bout using the plug wires. I would go with LS ones if I were you. Spend the money and get some MSD's or if you can afford them get Nology's.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
mteg said:
Spend the money and get some MSD's or if you can afford them get Nology's.
Duse di you not read DB8's post you only get msd shit if your planning a massive build on hondas oem shit is good neough for plenty of HP unless you boosting. Just do what tegsox recommends OEM FTW !

mteg

Automatic Lover
It's not going to hurt to upgrade the ignition system, plus it's good for future mods.