please help asap i AM WORKING ON NOW

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
okay I went to replace the cluster bulbs and UPON replacin I had a problem putting it in. I seen this thing with a rod coming out and it goes in the back of the cluser. I got it to go into the hole best I can but I can't fit my hand that well. I have no speedo, nor do I have a odometer going now. The tachometer never worked upon buying the car. what did i do? I check all interior fuses...

acclude

cheap bastard
that's the speedo cable. It's obviously not installed right or pushed in all the way

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
yeah your rigth when I pulled out the cluster, the cable got pulled out of that stupid clip, so I had to pull back the insulation to ghetto it to fit... now I have the needle bounce like crazy. I still can't figure out the rpm. I never seen that cable before on my jeep and cavalier theres no such cable... I found out why my cruise doesnt work though. I think its cause the rpm isn't working. so If the cruise won't work it can't be the cluster that isn't working for rpm has to be a sensor right?

sportsma1539

I've heard of putting some lubrication on the cable to get it to stop bouncing. On my old car, I had a speedometer that would work on and off and when it wasnt working, the cruise control would not work. But that was with an electronic speed sensor.