platinum or iridium???

chrisjimenez00

Yo I'm ever so slowly getting my car together and I'm having the valve cover gasket replaced and the sparkplugs/wires done as well...now my question is how do platinum plugs and iridium plugs differ besides in price...lol...plattinum cost $12.80 (with tax)...iridium costs $29.92 (with tax)...also I might be able to get them cheaper since my mechanic told autozone to hook me up when ever I go to get parts...anyways wich ones should I go for???

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Copper core plugs are the best, the 7 series are even better i think they are V power temp 7. They tend to last longer when you have a mild build because of the rich AF ratio on start up, this tends to foul the irridium. I vote for copper thats whats in my GSR

chrisjimenez00

ok thanks for the input guys...so to do a full tune up what do I need?...I no when I got the car they said it needed one...so from what I think I need its spark plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, distributor cap, distributor gasket, distributor rotor, oil change, oil filter, the valve cover gasket I'm getting comes with the spark plug tube seals...is there anything else I should do?

chrisjimenez00

Nice thanks man...only thing I'm ify about is doing the sparkplugs...the gapping thing kinda freaks me out...I no its supposed to be 0.04mm and I have a gauge to so I don't need to buy one...and how do I no how much to tightin them when I replace them?...from what I've been reading and watching they say u screw it in by hand till u can't can't turn it anymore then take the socket and do a half turn...is that correct?

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Gapping is easy, the correct size gauge should just slide through with a little resistance. As far as tightening them down, I just go by feel. I tighten it loosely with a ratchet, and then once its tight (with minimal effort), I just snub it a bit more. It's easiest if you hold the ratchet handle close to the ratchet head itself, that way you don't have much leverage. Sorry i don't have anything more detailed.

Classa64

I agree go with the factory replacement plugs...NGK BCPR5EY-11 or Denso Q16PR-U11... Fuel filter, Air filter, Dist. cap and rotor for sure. :)