Paint Sideskirts

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I've seen alot of Integra's with the OEM black sides painted to match the car color, rather than getting the OEM Optional Side Skirts. How would you do this?

blkteg

I was told by a body shop that the black plastic skirts cant be painted because they are textured, use the ITR skirts.

blkteg

sanding probably wouldn't work to well on plastic, you would be better off covering them with bondo and sanding it smooth.

SuperWhiteTC

You can paint them. If a body shop tells you that they cant they are jack asses because I painted the factory ones on my 02 Celica and they were textured. My friend has his painted on a 98 Civic and another friend with an 02 WRX has them done too so find another body shop. It only costed me like $75 to have mine done.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
SuperWhiteTC said:
You can paint them. If a body shop tells you that they cant they are jack asses because I painted the factory ones on my 02 Celica and they were textured. My friend has his painted on a 98 Civic and another friend with an 02 WRX has them done too so find another body shop. It only costed me like $75 to have mine done.
75 bucks!!!! :shock: WOW I paid 200 hundred to get mine painted.. im gonna go smack myself now :cry:

teg401

hey hey hey!

prefect example bro i painted mines! You have to give it a good wet sand first! then you gotta put this solution forgot the name but it takes out the greases oil from the textured plastic then give it and good primer let primer set for a couple of days then paint. not sure if u can see in theis pic

Attachments