P28 ECU on my obd2 gsr??

GSROWNSU

Hey i just bought a hondata setup from aussie and it came with a prepped p28 ecu. I know with the p28 ecu my knock sensor will be useless but with a obd2-obd1 conversion harness everything else will work fine right?

PogKai

B20VTEC
also it eliminates the function of the butterflies on GSR IM

Sirfallsalot243

PogKai said:
I wasnt sure about that, so i didnt say anything. I have a single stage blox in my gsr, so i didnt know if it still worked the butterflys. Can it be chipped to control them?

GSROWNSU

PogKai said:
so will i need to get an aftermarket manifold to eliminate the butterflies completely? I forgot about the secondary butterflies in the stock gsr intake manifold.

Sirfallsalot243

I looked it up. You can turn a P28 ecu into a P72 with minimal work so it will control the IABs

GSROWNSU

Sirfallsalot243 said:
I looked it up. You can turn a P28 ecu into a P72 with minimal work so it will control the IABs
how?? and if it has to deal with soldering then count me out lol...would the alternative be to get an aftermarket intake manifold that doesn't have the secondary butterflies??

Sirfallsalot243

Yes, and unless your car is heavily modified, and aftermarket single stage manifold will hurt your performance. Second stage is what you want. Take the ECU to a tuner, theyll be able to chip it fo around $40.

GSROWNSU

this ecu is going on a boosted car and it is already chipped for hondata....a single stage manifold should help my turbo build...so i might as well go with that unless you guys don't think a single stage manifold wont help my turbo setup either. What would happen if i kept my gsr manifold and used the p28 ecu without the secondary butterflies opening?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
vtec will still kick in... but the ecu wont be put to its full potential without an aftermarket intake manifold.

i slapped on a MUGEN setup p06 chipped with vtec [ same as a p28 ], my car pulled harder after 5.5k... but below those rpms... it felt slower :what: stock GS-R. with header + Axleback

iono thats my input... but then its all motor... no boost here.