Over Heated B18B1

Sleeper

Well tonight my b18b1 over heated. Completely my fault and I feel like an idiot.

I am in the middle of a turbo build and I put an aluminum half rad on the car but I didn’t put the fan on it yet. I did a lot of weight reduction (PS,AC, Interior) and I wanted to take it out for a spin before I put any turbo gear on it to see what it was like and I wanted to run it against my friends GSR just to see if weight reduction alone would make a difference. Also I haven’t driven the car in a while so I really wanted to take it out. I took it out the first time this year on Friday and it worked great with no heat issues.

Tonight the car ended up over heating... No smoke or anything coming from the engine... Car worked fine.. Only thing was the heat gauge. I am not sure how long it was over heated for but as soon as I noticed it I shut the car off and let it sit for a while... After it cooled down (5-10 mins) I started her back up and it worked exactly as it did before..

I took it home and I was a little rough on it just to see if anything would happen because I would rather it happen now then later when spring comes. The car worked fine with no problems that I could see...

I am just curious if I should be worried or should I just forget about it. I am really worried about it because it has never over heated since I had the car and I have never really seen a car over heat before.

Any advice would be very appreciated.. Thanks

blitzillist

Professional RiceR
nah your fine i had a issue with my radiator and mine was like pinned at hot and i had like a 20 min drive so i had to turn the car on and off till i got home

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
you're good.. I'm guessing you were sitting idle somewhere for a while.

one of my teg had a problem with the fan not working. as long as the car was moving it would cool off, but if I stayed in one spot for too long it would over heat.

heykosal

Angkorian
you're good.. I'm guessing you were sitting idle somewhere for a while.

one of my teg had a problem with the fan not working. as long as the car was moving it would cool off, but if I stayed in one spot for too long it would over heat.
exactly!