Out of options (sway bar frame bushings)

my89beater

I've more or less determined that my sway bar frame bushings are worn out and are causing the nasty 'clunk' sound each time I hit a 'drop off' in the road. The fact that I was able to insert a flathead screwdriver in between the sway bar and the inside of the bushing was a good indicator of them being hosed.
Unfortunately I cannot find replacement bushings anywhere. Not Autozone, not O'Reilly's, not Napa, not even the dealer. I even called the Honda dealer cross-reference to see if the CRX or Civic of that era had the same suspension; they do not.
Does anyone know where I can find replacement sway bar frame bushings for the 89 Integra? Not the end-link bushings, as I have replaced them already...but the bushings where the bar attaches to the unibody itself.
Or does anyone know of any other vehicle that has the same (or even close enough) size frame mount bushings?

my89beater

Hey Chillin,

Yeah, it's the sway bar. No it's not lowered. It's bone ass stock. I have a manual for the car that calls it the 'stabilizer' bar. It connects to the lower control arms via the end link and is also attached to the unibody. The bushings where it's attached to the unibody are the ones that are worn out.

They look a bit like these (from a 1990 Teggy)

The 'clunks' are predominantly when the suspension 'rebounds' or drops off, rather than hitting a bump that compresses it. I've checked and double checked every other point of movement (especially if a bushing is in there) and everything else is solid.

I think I'm going to try some specialty shops around here and see if I can find a comparable polyurethane set that would fit it close enough.

Afireinside

Did you ever find a suitable poly bushing for the frame mounts? That would be a nice upgrade.
Thanks