opps! Tranny incident.

TranceSpeeder

Keep It Clean Yo!
opps!

so i put the car in neutral, and i was planning to put the car in 2nd gear while the car was moving, but i accidentally put it in 4th. then all of sudden i hear a huge ass sound and the car did a lil jump, is this normal? wow, i hope nothing is wrong. :???: how do i check if something is wrong? i know im not sapposto go from neutral to 4th like that :oops:

YezEr

Retired VeeDubber
Ur tranny should be fine.. OOPS is when u first start to learn how to drive like me on the the sprain parkway in yonkers and i went from 5th to 2nd thinkin it was 4th OOOPS!!!! :shock:

MidniteFreedom

ooo just dont do it again lol its probably grinding the gears teeths thats bad =/
i done it before when i forgot that i was at 3rd gear then i slow down and thought i put it on 2nd gear but turns out it was on 1st gear made a big sound of grinding >.<
if you grind too much of the gears the teeth it would not be sharp and would be dull and it would make it hard to shift and you would need to replace the new gear if you want smooth shifts. so yea its bad O.O

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
YezEr said:
Ur tranny should be fine.. OOPS is when u first start to learn how to drive like me on the the sprain parkway in yonkers and i went from 5th to 2nd thinkin it was 4th OOOPS!!!! :shock:
or like i did when i 1st looked at my teg on the car lot. i was sitting in it to see how it felt and the guy told me to start it up cause the keys were in it. so i held the clutch in and started it while it was still in 1st and i went to put it in neutral but i wasnt used to the short throw compared to my old car and i ended up puttin it in second and letting the clutch out. it did that little jump when you let out the clutch too fast and stall out and it kinda hopped up on the curb a bit. thats partially why the lip of my bumper is torn up :???:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
That happened to me the day after i put in my short shifter. Did it at the drive thru window. :oops:

tonys2teg

super brother
YezEr said:

when i first learned how to drive a stick i did this all the time.

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
even if u did go from 5th to 2nd on highway wont rev limiter cut it off...i kno its still bad as hell though to make ur rpms jump like that