ok...transmission vs clutch?

Andrew93

Currently Building
ok now im almost positive they have nothing to do with each other as far as compatability but i was going to order a xtd stage 3 clutch + xtra light flywheel, and the guy asked if it was a hydraulic or a cable...i wasnt the one on the phone but my brother said he was some like arab guy. but just because he said something i just want a conformation of if it would have any effect.

I didnt mean the trans... but im asking if it being a hydraulic clutch or cable clutch effect the allignment, i thought it just had to match the engine type, and it does then what is the standard clutch type on a b18b1

putting a b18b1 obd1 into a 93 integra ls, and adding the xtd clutch andflywheel.

Last edited:

YadaDA9

Well, you got some things mixed up. Cable or hydraulic refers to the transmission type. There are no "hydraulic cluches" or "cable clutches" lol. The clutch does not have to correspond to the engine type, but it has to match the transmission.

So basically, get the Stage 3 Clutch + Flywheel for the 1993 LS (I assume you have a stock transmission)

I hope this helped =]

tilegend

which transmission do you have? 93 LS comes with YS1 transmission.

the differences between b-series clutches is the spline shaft diameter.

90-91 integras have 25mm diameter spline shaft
92 and up have 26mm diameter spline shafts

94-01 transmissions uses hydraulic actuated clutches but the actual clutch disc can be used on any 92-93 integra.

also if you're getting a "clutch kit" the differences between a hydro vs cable "kit" is the throw out bearing.

and a last bit of advice... do some research on XTD clutches

Last edited:

Andrew93

Currently Building
i think tile was more helpful, i just dont think it makes a difference all is is is switching out the plate and flywheel, and it shouldnt change unless they have a different setup as far as installation.... also whenever im actually searching for clutches, they are always ********* clutch and what engine or years it fits, so if im getting a b18b so 94-01 model engine any clutch for the engine should be swappable w/o any problems

and yada there are cable and hydraulic clutches, acura/honda models switched in the late 90's as far as stock to hydraulic, but i dont think it has any bearing on if it will be compatible

Nevermind i reread tilegend's and it just has to be the 26mm

Last edited:

YadaDA9

There are no hydraulic or cable clutches. All clutches are metal. There are clutches that FIT hydraulic/ cable transmissions. But the clutch itself is never cable/hydraulic. You are correct when you say that Honda changed from cable to hydraulic in the 90s, but that is referring to the transmissions they put in the cars. The motor nor the clutch is cable/hydraulic, these terms always refer to the transmission type. Think of it kind of like wired/wireless internet. Cable was the older version, hydraulic is the newer.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
the differences between b-series clutches is the spline shaft diameter.

90-91 integras have 25mm diameter spline shaft
92 and up have 26mm diameter spline shafts

. do some research on XTD clutches
Only thing you need to worry about.

Andrew93

Currently Building
well ive been looking and while alot of people said its a pos because its an ebay, and others didnt like the stage 2....but t heres other people who have the stage 3 who have had it for longer then the car, butanyway i think for now it will hold up fine, in a few months, year... maybe ill upgrade it if im going to be reaching enough hp