Oil Problem

JDMAmbition

My oil light has been on for a while. Had a minor oil leak and didnt bother fixing it. Now I think my bearings are worn, pounded and oil is inside. I asked around and they said it'll cost me around 3G to have the engine rebuilt. I dont want to spend anywhere near that!

My questions are:

1) If I get the parts myself, what will I need? Will just changing the block help me solve my problem?

2) Do a swap?? I was thinking of b16a1, b20 non vtec, or just stay with my LS. I really want VTEC!!!!!!! :twisted:

PogKai

B20VTEC
what? $3,000 to fix that? no way!
first of all remove the oil pan and check what is the problem, if there's any.

JOEY

oh man. dont even bother getting a better engine if you cant even find time to check the oil on this one and ruin it.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
That's what I was thinking. How could go so long with the oil light on and not check the oil? Especially when you know you have a problem of losing oil.
Iv'e had cars in the past that burned oil, and the oil light would come on for a second when I took a turn if I drove a lot and missed my oil change interval. When I saw that happen, I immediatley went to the closest gas station I could find and threw in some oil. Because that light only comes on when you really low, no oil on the dipstick. That's why it and other warning lights are called dummy lights, because usually when the problem is big enough to trigger the warning light, it's too late to do anything about it.

But 3K's is too much to rebuild a B18B, you can just get a whole new B18B with under 75K on it for less than half that. I wouldn't recommend a B16 for a G3 Integra, not enough torque. B20 would be great, though.

JDMAmbition

When my light first went on, I did put more oil in and then it was fine and the light went off. Recently, I took off my valve cover to powder coat it and forgot to get new seals. That's when the light appeared again for 2 or 3 consecutive days. I tried putting more oil and draining oil but the light kept going on and my car kept stalling at city speed or on neutral. That's when I realized I had reused my seals. Now my seals are replaced but the light is still on. I'm pretty sure it's my bearings because my engine sounds slightly different than usual.