OEM ITR Front Lip - Trials and Tribulations.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
So... I acquired an OEM USDM ITR front lip in Milano Red a month ago for a staggering $150.00. Well there is a UConn meet in CT in April, so I have to get the Integra ready for that. I have no idea where to purchase a hardware kit for this thing. I am also going to paint this lip on my own using spray cans. So some insight would be great...

Questions:
1) There is a small 1inch crack on the left side of the lip towards the center. How do I go along in fixing this?
2) Where do I purchase the hardware kit?
3) Do I get sand-able primer and also what color? My car is VSM BTW.
4) Does Duplicolor or any other company make spray cans that match New Vogue Metallic?

THIS LIP:

(the damage)

On THIS Car:

Cheers! :D

Last edited:

1fstdc2

just bondo and sand paper...and some kind of silver paint close to your color and call it a day...spray can is spray can....cant expect too much...and just use little screw bits to install

heykosal

Angkorian
just bondo and sand paper...and some kind of silver paint close to your color and call it a day...spray can is spray can....cant expect too much...and just use little screw bits to install
hahahahahaha I cant believe you would say that ignorant shit.

Dude, idk about the crack, but the hardware you can purchase from any Honda/Acura dealer. I have a hardware kit that came with my JDMsh!t type-r style lip if youre interested. And check out duplicolor for sandable primer, and PERFECTLY MATCHED spray can paint. You can even get clearcoat. When i had my milano red teg, i used duplicolor spraycans to paint the stock skirts, done right, they match perfectly. Its not just a spray can is a spray can, because duplicolor makes cans with the OEM color.
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/autospray.html
Click "Locate your perfect match" on the right hand side menu. Be aware though i did my milano red skirts no problem. But duplicolor doesnt make CGP for my current teg but VSM is simple and silver so they should have it.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
I went to paint scratch already, the only issue with them is their price. I did hear very good things about them. Does it matter what kind of clearcoat I use?