OBD1 to OBD2

Messiah62

I hate obd1 i dont really know anything about it or anything. How ever i have a genesys code reader thing and it would be really nice if i could hook it up to my teg so i could do quick diagnostics. Is it possible to get it so that i can do that? probally not unless i did a total motor switch.

I got a 94 LS

Thanks

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You know nothing about it, but you hate it. It's a good thing to be OBD1 from a modification standpoint. And you don't even need any aftermarket decoder thingy to get CEL codes, like Melt pointed out. The emmissions the car is allowed to put out is higher vs. OBD2, a good thing if your state checks for that at inspection time. Also, you can have your ECU chipped and take advantage of very inexpensive tuning options like Uberdata and Crome. I think this is the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about being OBD1, who wasn't having problems with an engine swap that is.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
WOW! I've never heard that. Most people wanna know how to go from OBD2 to OBD1! OBD1 is much more tuner friendly

Messiah62

the cel shit is annoying tho, is it possible to use a graphical code reader on obd1, that swhat i like about obd2 is that i can do that.

Messiah62

ya and theres a chance that you might miss one light and eff up your entire diagnosis. with obd2 i can plug my OTC Pathfinder into it and read everything like engine stats such as if im having a misfire or and pressure and stuff. OBD1 i dont think i can do that.