Nitrous Express Purge Kit Installation

mteg

Automatic Lover
I"m wondering if anyone has installed a nitrous express purge valve kit- pics would be great. I'm pretty sure I had everything hooked up right but when I open the bottle, it starts purging. I had to disconnect it to use the nitrous. Any idea's?

Disco

sounds like the wiring and switch are in the open position. re check your wiring. you did use a momentary button right?

ohh yeah also re check that the sialnoid is recieving the no2 from the right end ya know

Last edited:

mteg

Automatic Lover
Yeah. Actually what I did was test out for leaks before doing the wiring. Does it need to be wired up before it will work? When wiring, I know the one lead goes to the gound. the other lead goes to the button, which goes to a power source. When you wire it iup, do you splice into a arming switch (possible the one for the nitrous system on) or can it come from anywhere. I was just thinking of running a lead to the battery with a 20v fuse inbetween. Maybe put a ariming switch in between. I pulled it off already, so now it's just a matter of finding time to try it out again.

Disco

ohh for sure an arming switch before the purge button is a must and you can pull power from wherever.

mteg

Automatic Lover
We figured out what was wrong. My solenoids only have an in port and an exit port. I mounted the purge solenoid before the the nos one. We're going to use the purge solenoid fo rthe nos and the nos solenoid for the purge. in theory this willl work fine. I'm also going to pick up another arming switch this week. On the downside, I'm not sure how full my tank is ( I bought my gauge after filling). Were going to redo all the wiring so the purge valve and the nos are on their own dedicated power circuits. I also plan on running a 20 amp fuse on both. Should look pretty sweet when I'm done. Heres what it looks like so far without the purge valve hooke up.

you have to do it stealth mode like me. Tap single nozzle holes in each of the runners of the intake manifold on the back side!

mteg

Automatic Lover
I thought about doing it that way. originally we were going to come up from the bottom. I really don't care if anyone see's it or not, as long as it looks clean.