Newbie Needing Help!!!

Lanceuppercut06

hey guys just got a rs g1 and the rear lights ( brake lights ) dont work at all and I checked the bulbs and the bulbs are fine. But was wondering if the fuse might be burnt or a wire got chewed and dont know where the wires run . can you guys help out pls pls .

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
First of all, check the fuse. The wires run underneath all the body paneling. Also, it may be the actual switch on the brake pedal itself. If you turn the car's headlights on, do the rears still light up? If so, it's the brake light switch on the pedal. I only suggest this option because I saw it happen to a friend (user JDMxDB8 actually lol) on his 3rd gen.

Ballerin1

The wires run underneath the inside panels. They could be unplugged? They plug in in the trunk, all u have to do is remove the panel thing next to the tail light.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
First of all, check the fuse. The wires run underneath all the body paneling. Also, it may be the actual switch on the brake pedal itself. If you turn the car's headlights on, do the rears still light up? If so, it's the brake light switch on the pedal. I only suggest this option because I saw it happen to a friend (user JDMxDB8 actually lol) on his 3rd gen.
x2. Yes, this happened to me. FTL.

Lanceuppercut06

yeah i checked the lines that were underneath the paneling and everything was plugged and intact. Also when i switch on the lights the rears dont turn on at all, even when i pump the brake and turn on the light. therefore I believe that a fuse went out. hopefully =P

For this car being my first integra not a bad car at all except it being an autotragic

Lanceuppercut06

alright guys thank for the info ill hit it back up if i run into anymore problems

acclude

cheap bastard
If all that checks out then it's the brake switch or the wiring going to the brake switch. You'll see it at the pedal assembly. unplug it and stick a paperclip in there jumping the two wires together. If your brakes work then, the switch is bad.

Lanceuppercut06

alright i somewhat fixed my problem I found the fuse that was not allowing my rear brake light turn on. Now with the lights on the rear lights work however when i pump the brake nothing happens and when the lights are off while pumping the brakes nothing happens as well. got any ideas ?

acclude

cheap bastard
If all that checks out then it's the brake switch or the wiring going to the brake switch. You'll see it at the pedal assembly. unplug it and stick a paperclip in there jumping the two wires together. If your brakes work then, the switch is bad.