new to this site, have a tech ?

RedLs93

Whats up everyone. I am the proud owner of a 93 ls, have owned it for 5 years now, has 180.000 miles on it and still goin strong. I have run into a little problem though, I cannot find the front wheel bearing and hub assembly anywhere exept the honda dealer for like 177.00 i thinkl they said, im missing a stud and 2 of them are almost stripped completly on the front right wheel, 2nd gen teggys dont have the slot in the back of the hub to remove the studs without destroying the bearing so if i replace the hub i have to replace the bearing too, and as of right now im running on the last miles that my cv axle will handle before it is shot, its clicking bad so im just going to replace everything at once. my question is can anyone tell me where to get a front hub, i have seen rear hubs everywhere but no front ones, not even on ebay.

mirrorimg

EDITTTTTEDDDD This is for the integra, The previous was for a Legend.

Is this what youre looking for? #5?
LINK

Last edited:

RedLs93

Thats awesome, i found that site a few years ago and saved the link, redid my pc and lost it and have been searching for it ever since for odds and end parts no one else carries, thanks thats a huge help. Im assuming since the lengend is in the haynes manual that the parts are the same as well for things like this.

mirrorimg

SHIIIT. Dont order anything. I misstyped into the category and accidently hit LEGEND instead of INTEGRA.

Last edited:

RedLs93

its all good dont have money to yet, I noticed that and researced for integra, noticed they werent the same, have a bearing and a hub ass. in my cart wating for payment friday. Thanks for the help greatly appriciated.
Am curious though, once i get this stuff i know they have to be pressed together, does it have to be pressed into the knuckle too? I was just going to take it to like pepboys and have them press it, or is there a way i can do it without screwing it up, ive done my axles several times(hard on the clutch) replaced that a few months ago, which is why the axles are shot now, and i should wait til i have enough money to do both sides at once but the right side is so bad now that it really cant wait that much longer before im sitting on the side of the road with the half shaft sitting on the ground

Last edited:

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
yea you need a press to get the hub off the bearing and to get the bearing out of the axel. i have beat the hub off the bearing b4 and put it back together in a pinch but i dont reccomend that.

RedLs93

Well i thought I would just take the knuckle assebly off the car and take it to get pressed would be cheaper than taking the whole car