new to teg forum with ?s

ghettoteg

97 ls teg became sluggish on accel w/burning smell. next day got cel, took to dealer and they said cylinder misfire code but found nothing wrong. reset cel but it went on again next day. wtf! please help. how do u find cel codes on 97 teg?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, the dealership actually told you nothing was wrong? take it back and tell them to actually look at the car. Shops love come backs..

There's a harness you can jump to get your cel light to blink the code, but if you already know it's a misfire code you need to figure out WHY it's misfiring.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
if he's getting a burning smell I think it might be more then a common error

ghettoteg

i know, screw the dealer! my cel was on/off for months but my teg seemed to drive fine.Until last week. Spark plugs are < 6 months old. car seems okay now but cel still on.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
the light will stay on with a misfire code.

I really think you should take it back to them.. That's messed up. Do you have any mechanical background yourself?

ghettoteg

i will definitely be calling them tomorrow. i took it in friday and the cel didn't come back on until sat after close.
i don't know jack sh** about cars but have learned a lot the last 2 days reading this forum. i am just a chick who likes her teg and doesn't want to get screwed on repairs.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, alright.

well it could have been something you did tonight to cause the misfire to come back. Just because there is a misfire doesn't mean it's going to be constant. It could be something as easy as you went up a really steep hill that you only go up on your way home from work or something.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol! good point... I didn't know where you were from.

well anything can really cause a misfire.