New to Integras

Boombostick

Well I just bought my first integra a couple days ago a 1989 rs. I was really looking for another crx until I stumbled on this car and I had to have it. It needed a couple things to get it running right (ignition coil, fuel filter, rotor) but for 700 bucks I feel like I stole it!

Now here's my question I took it to a muffler shop to get my muffler put back on (previous owner hacksawed it off...) and when I got back they had taken it upon themselves to raise my suspension all the way up and then told me I had a broken torsion bar. What are the symptoms of this? I know I just drove the car 7 hours straight and all it felt like was it was out of balance? It pulled to the right and the front end shook past about 55 I've also noticed that taking off I can't get into the throttle of the wheels will spin bad. Any help would be great!

sightless117

sees all
i would get a shake down test on the suspension, and drive this car like you stole it. your gonna have a great time. any mods to the engine?

Last edited:

*DA3*

If u had a broken torsion bar the shop couldn't have raise up your suspension because the side that it is broken the car will swag an your handling will be bad

89shitegra

i bout my teg 4 800 bux and had the same shit....check tires mine were not only bald but one had a belt shifted in it which cause mine 2 shimmy down the road....and check you wheel bearings,tie rods, and balljoints. jack the front of the car up and with the wheel on wiggle it with 1 hand at the top and one at the bottom and if theres movement thats ur ball joints. so the same with ur hands at 3 and 9 on the wheel and if it has movement thats tie rods.and if the wheel has movement all around the wheel thats wheel bearings. ur cars way lower than mine which is still stock so you also should look into what was actually done to lower the car

Classa64

Nice Find!!

Just get that "H" off the front and your good to go lol....A broken Torsion bar will definatly be notacable with a drop on that side.

Laumen

i bought mine 5 days ago for 900, not a single thing wrong with it, it even had the d16 rebuilt with only 25xxx miles on the motor and tranny. bought it from an old guy cause he bought a new truck, he had it for 10 years. his wife talked him down to 900 for me. haha if i could figure out how to post pics on here id show it