New to CI

obi

Keeping it cool
So I just got my hands on a 1989 Integra LS
Current known problems are motor mounts needed (assuming they just broke or something, whatever)
new battery, and new tires needed.

Any other technical or mechanical problems are yet to be found, but as far as I know, thats all thats needed.

However, I do have a few questions, and joined these forums in hopes of learning everything I can about my newly acquired Teg. I see those who have them, and like them, are very proud of them, and I would like to have that passion so that maintenance required later will be at a minimum, and should something happen, I can fix it myself, rather than send it to a mechanic with a dumb look on my face as I tell them "I dunno whats wrong, just fix it yeah?"

Anyhow, getting to the issues at hand; I bought a spanking new batt from Autozone and installed it. After connecting the battery, I gave it a good thorough electronics check, make sure the connections were solid. Wipers work, all lights function, radio works, etc. The only thing is the engine wont turn.

I was told maybe it could be the spark plugs, but its not like I shouldn't replace them anyway.

The car hasnt run in about 2 years, so I'm thinking whatever gas is still in the engine needs to burn out, but I dont want to do anything that could harm the block.

Any help would be great, as everything I have found in my research online has yielded nothing.

Thanks guys, look forward to interacting with you all ;D